Sorry I missed last week - our CSA has several different pick-up locations and times, and last week's shares somehow got jumbled in the distribution process. I'm not sure where everything came from, but I do know that we received cheese, blue corn tortillas, greens, an herb bundle, black beans, and a bunch of other good stuff.
This week's share includes:
- Bellew's Creek Farm - Garlic Scapes
- Black Bear Bakery - Mixed bagel bag (everything, poppyseed and plain)
- Pilgrims Acres - One dozen eggs
- Kimker Hill Farm - Denise's 10-Grain Flour, 1 lb
- Herbs En Route - Marjoram
- Troutdale Farm - Trout
- Missouri Pecan Growers - Shelled, halved pecans
- Lee Farms - Yellow Squash and Zucchini
- Local Harvest Grocery - Black Bean Dip
- Fromage - Private Recipe Herb & Spice Cheese Spread
- Ivan's - Buttercrunch Lettuce
Random thoughts about this week's share:
Seems like a good early-summer balance between green stuff and other. Apparently lots of other members traded their trout in for other meat, so we didn't have to opportunity to purchase extra meat this week. The pecans will be great in my next batch of homemade granola, then I'll freeze the rest for later. Who knows, maybe I'll use some of the flour and a zucchini or two to make bread...The cheese spread is tasty (had some on an everything bagel for breakfast this morning), but I'm slightly disappointed that it has MSG listed as an ingredient. Rob and I are both intrigued by the garlic scapes and can't wait to figure out what they're best in.